Are you ready to elevate your organization to its next higher level of employee engagement and performance?
If so, call on Dr. Eric Allenbaugh to assist in your efforts.
When results count, count on Dr. Eric Allenbaugh to support your efforts in creating an even brighter future for your organization — on both the bottom line and on the human element. Eric, a seasoned professional in personal and organizational transformation, will guide you in moving from where you are to where you want to be. This transformational process effectively engages leaders and staff to collectively achieve positive, productive results. Principle centered, value driven, and solution oriented, the systematic process has lasting results long after Dr. Allenbaugh completes his work with your organization.
4 Action Steps to Assure Long-term Results
This field-tested organization and leadership development process focuses on best practice principles and tools that have a long track record of success. While systematic and pragmatic, this is not a “canned process” of “one size fits all.” Every organization is different, has different needs, and experiences a different culture. Deliberate efforts, therefore, are made to assure that your interests and outcomes are addressed while simultaneously tailoring the approach to your unique organizational culture.
When a physician works with a patient, for example, the physician:
- Completes a diagnostic work-up,
- Develops a treatment plan,
- Implements the plan, and
- Follows up to assure that the desired results are achieved.
Likewise, Eric applies a similar systematic process to assure that your unique needs and interests are effectively addressed to achieve the desired outcomes.
Step 1: Assessment
Every organization is different. Given that, this leadership and team development process needs to reflect the unique factors that both contribute to and detract from overall effectiveness. Simply put, a “one-size-fits-all” approach does not serve your unique needs.
Typically, we begin the process through a series of Focus Group interviews with key leaders, staff, and other stakeholders to gain from their experience with and observations of the organization. Early engagement of key people tends to foster trust and ownership in the process. Data from these Focus Groups are useful in designing, in close collaboration with you, the next steps to assure we are on target in addressing your needs and interests
Step 2: Planning
Following the assessment interviews with leadership, select staff, and key stakeholders, Dr. Allenbaugh typically prepares a report of his findings, including strengths, opportunities for enhancement, challenges, hopes, and concerns. These findings, together with your organizational knowledge and experience, provide a foundation for planning the implementation phase of the process. In this collaborative planning process, we typically identify or refine:
- What outcomes are we seeking to accomplish?
- Who needs to be involved?
- What content do we need to explore?
- What processes will assist us in achieving the desired results?
- What “deliverables” do we need to provide?
- How do we sustain and enhance this organization development process for the long term?
By carefully planning in advance, we can “load the process for deliberate success” in achieving the long-term results you are seeking.
Step 3: Implementation
Depending on findings from the Assessment Phase and your active guidance, the Implementation Phase can take on a number of forms related to individual, team, and organizational development. Working closely with you, Eric will develop a “results roadmap” designed to achieve the outcomes you seek.
The implementation phase varies widely — depending on your needs and interests. Typically, one or more of the following three developmental categories (Organization, Team, or Individual) are of high priority to Dr. Allenbaugh’s clients:
A. Organization Development
- Clarifying or reaffirming mission, vision, and values
- Building clarity of strategic direction and unity of purpose
- Assuring board and executive alignment, partnership, and commitment to a shared direction
- Conducting strategic planning retreats with key stakeholders
- Identifying core strategies and implementation plans
- Creating and implementing organizational redesign
- Empowering leaders and staff within the context of accountability and stewardship
- Building understanding of and commitment to a strategic change process while working through resistance
B. Team Development
- Aligning individual with organizational mission, vision, and values
- Building committed, empowered, and accountable teams
- Enhancing trust and open communications
- Facilitating team problem solving and decision making
- Building win-win conflict tools in addressing sensitive issues
- Teaching leaders to coach others effectively
- Identifying present and future talents required and preparing individuals and teams to close the gap
- Building team synergy, creativity, and commitment to a new direction
- Integrating coaching into the culture to sustain performance excellence
C. Individual Development
- Providing focused, 1:1 executive coaching regarding organization and professional development issues
- Engaging management and staff by linking individual and organizational vision and values
- Facilitating self-examination of talents, interests, fit, and commitment
- Implementing Personal Strengths Profile to assess strengths and stretches and developing personal and professional development plans
- Balancing career and life issues
- Facilitating the process of difficult change in 1:1 coaching sessions
These three developmental categories are often augmented with other services described in this website, including Leadership Consulting, Executive Coaching, and Keynote Speaking. Taken together, these leadership, team, and organizational development tools can catapult your organization to the next level of purpose, passion and performance.
Step 4: Follow-Up
Leadership mastery and organization development requires systematic follow-up. Three forms of follow-up are typically built into the team development and planning process to assure positive and lasting results:
- Leaders internally implement principles, tools, and action steps identified in the core Leadership and Team Development workshop
- We generally reconvene three to four months after the core workshop for a follow-up session of one or two days to explore new material, evaluate results compared with plans, celebrate successes, take corrective action, and prepare leaders to internally implement this self-renewal process on an on-going basis
- Dr. Allenbaugh periodically conducts individual executive coaching sessions to stretch leaders to perform at their optimal levels. Executive coaching provides additional tools to achieve and sustain individual, team, and corporate results.
“Eric is the only consultant I have worked with who has made a significant difference
in the way I lead people. Seldom has one person so positively influenced
the culture of an organization.”
— Jim Boyle, Hospital CEO & Board Chair