How to be Tough on Issues & Tender on People
— St. Francis of Assisi
You have heard it many times: “We just can’t communicate!” Just because you are talking does not mean you are communicating. Achieving and sustaining excellence requires that leaders master the art and tools of effective communication.
Refining your speaking and listening skills remains a life-long challenge — at work and at home. In this interactive workshop, participants will learn critical communication tools to expand their influence while connecting more effectively with others. Tangible communication tools will be introduced as we explore the following topics:
- Straight Talk: How to be tough on issues & tender on people
- Courage: Speaking your truth with integrity and sensitivity
- Safety: Making it easy for others to share their truth with you
- Enhancing relationships while addressing sensitive issues
- The 3 Truths: Your truth, my truth, & “The Truth”
- The 4 Truth Tests
- Listening for the message and the “Message Behind the Message”
- Micro-connects and micro-disconnects
- Matching communication styles for maximum understanding
This very popular workshop can make a significant difference in enhancing the quality of communication on your team. As a side benefit, application of these communication tools, many participants have told us, has been highly beneficial in their personal lives. For a custom designed communication workshop addressing your specific interests, contact Dr. Eric Allenbaugh at 503-635-3963.
— Tom Peters